Louder Than A Bomb would not be possible without the help of our amazing volunteers.
2017 will mark our 17th annual festival, and we are anticipating our largest audience yet. If you are interested in being a part of our volunteer community, we would love your help, both prior to and during all festival events. YCA’s volunteer opportunities are great for school groups, volunteer groups and organizations, junior boards, and high school and college students.
LTAB 2017 will run from February 11-March 18, 2017.
We would love to have you join us this year as a volunteer for Louder Than A Bomb. If you are interested in learning more about volunteering for LTAB 2017 for Pre-production, Crossing the Street, Special Events, Preliminary Bouts, Quarterfinals, Semi-Finals, and/or Finals please click on the link below to learn more.Volunteer Sign-Up
Some of our most helpful volunteer roles include:
- Judge – Louder Than A Bomb is an Olympic-style tournament in which judges give poets a score from 1-10. No experience is necessary and you will be trained on-site. Judges cannot be related to competing poets. This role is the most important volunteer job in the festival. The tournament cannot happen without judges.
- Timekeeper – Join YCA Teaching Artists and Tournament Staff in the role of Timekeeper. You will be checking poets in as they arrive and keeping track of their speaking times.
- Greeter – LTAB greeters answer general questions and hand out festival guides. Greeters kick off the LTAB experience for all young poets and audience members as they arrive and help set the tone for the festival.
- Merchandise – One of the ways YCA supports its Teaching Artists and poets is through the sale of their books. During the festival, volunteers will sell chapbooks, t-shirts, LTAB buttons, CDs and more.
- Ticket Sales – Similar to the merchandise process, which supports poets, LTAB ticket sales support YCA as a nonprofit organization, allowing us to create and execute youth programming throughout the year.
- Crossing the Street – This event is the only mandatory event for all competing poets and coaches. It is an amazing day in which all LTAB poets, coaches and YCA staff come together to form the LTAB 2017 community. If you have been to Crossing the Street before, you know what a great day it is -- if you haven’t and are available to volunteer, please do.
It took over 400 volunteers to make LTAB 2016 happen! From all of us at Young Chicago Authors: THANK YOU.
To keep in touch with other volunteers and activities, please join our facebook group. For more information about volunteering for LTAB or YCA, please contact Tammy Job at tammy/at/youngchicagoauthors.org or (312) 361-7506.