Thanks for your interest in joining our team.
Position - Young Chicago Authors Internship: Gallery Assistant
10-15 hours per week for 12 months, unpaid internship. Both onsite and remote work
Through the art of creative writing, Young Chicago Authors helps young people from all backgrounds understand the importance of their own stories and those of others, so that they can pursue the path they choose and work to make their community a more just and equitable place. YCA does this work through a variety of arts education programs in and out of schools, which expose young people to hip-hop realist portraiture and show them how to create their own authentic narratives. The capstone of YCA’s programming each year is Louder Than A Bomb Chicago Youth Poetry Festival, which has 1,000 participants and more than 10,000 audience members.
The YCA gallery space was opened in December of 2017 as a way to deepen the strong relationships YCA holds with Chicago’s art community. The gallery team has curated 10+ exhibitions in the space during the last 18 months and hopes to increase that in 2020. YCA is seeking a talented and energetic Gallery Assistant Intern to join the gallery team and work on the preparation and maintenance of our development first floor gallery space.
- Assist with gallery administration - email, contracts, collecting assets, returning artwork, buyer pickups
- Assist with Installation & Deinstallation of art exhibitions
- Support with YCA social media & documentation
- Help promote gallery shows
- Learn and execute on-sight management tasks
- Assist during openings and events
- Interested in & knowledgeable about Chicago's art community
- Ability to handle delicate artwork
- Strong organization skills
- Event coordinating experience preferred
- Gallery experience highly preferred
- Ability to multitask
Please email a resume and cover letter addressed to Gallery subject line should read GALLERY INTERN
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org - Application Deadline: September 1st, 2019