Louder Than A Bomb would not be possible without the help of our amazing volunteers.
2019 will mark our 19th annual festival, and we are anticipating our largest audience yet. If you are interested in being a part of our volunteer community, we would love your help, both prior to and during all festival events. YCA’s volunteer opportunities are great for school groups, volunteer groups and organizations, junior boards, and high school and college students.
Some of our most helpful volunteer roles include:
- Check-in/Greeter – LTAB greeters answer general questions and hand out festival guides. Greeters kick off the LTAB experience for all young poets and audience members as they arrive and help set the tone for the festival.
- Merchandise/Ticket Sales – One of the ways YCA supports its Teaching Artists and poets is through the sale of their books. During the festival, volunteers will sell chapbooks, t-shirts, LTAB buttons, CDs and more. In addition to merchandise, tickets sales support YCA as a nonprofit organization, allowing us to create and execute youth programming throughout the year.
- Timekeeper – Join YCA Teaching Artists and Tournament Staff in the role of Timekeeper. You will be checking poets in as they arrive and keeping track of their speaking times.
- Crossing the Street Support – This event is the only mandatory event for all competing poets and coaches. It is
an amazing day in which all LTAB poets, coaches and YCA staff come together to form the LTAB 2017 community. If you have been
to Crossing the Street before, you know what a great day it is -- if you haven’t and are available to volunteer, please do.
- Judge – Louder Than A Bomb is an Olympic-style tournament in which judges give poets a score from 1-10. No judging experience is necessary. Judges cannot be related to competing poets. This role is the one of the most important volunteer jobs in the festival. The tournament cannot happen without judges.
It will take over 400 volunteers to make #LTAB19 happen! If you are interested in volunteering, visit the link below:
Opportunities coming soon!
For more information about volunteering for LTAB or YCA, please contact us at email@example.com.